Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Blood & Glucose Test

This morning I went to the hospital for my gynae appointment. I went for a blood & glucose test. I'm not sure what is the blood test for but the glucose test is to make sure I don't have diabetes.The test is called MOGTT. I had to fast this morning for the test. After they took my blood, they ask me to drink 200ml of water+sugar. It was too sweet that I nearly throw up in front of the nurse. After that I have to wait for another 2 hours before they can check on the glucose level again. I was nervous when the result came out. The number showed on the tester kit was 5.8. It means I do not have diabetes. It is in the normal range. Thank Allah for that! Now I just have to wait for the blood test result & my next appointment next week. Hopefully everything will be fine.

0 comments: