Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Potty Training

My hubby & I decided that we should start potty training our youngest daughter as soon as possible. She is now 2 years & 2 months old. Her sister had started her potty training when she was about her age but its kind of difficult to do it with her little sister. We had tried to train her before but she just simply peed everywhere around the house without telling so tonite I had searched for some tips & I found this web site - www.parenting.org. I think the tips that are given from this site may help me out a bit. Below are the tips that we can follow:
  • Wait until your child is at least 2 years old
  • Frequently allow your child to watch you go to the bathroom
  • Make sure both you and your child are ready
  • Let your child practice on a potty chair, with clothes on
  • Prompt your child – tell, don’t ask
  • Postpone toilet training for a few weeks if it isn't going well or if you are getting tense about it
  • Expect accidents
  • If your child has a lot of accidents or if you must use intensive toilet training, ask your health care provider for the guidelines on positive practice
  • Praise your child every time he or she does any part of toileting behavior correctly
This tips might be useful for you too & if you have any other ideas on how to potty train a toddler do share it with me. Thanks!

0 comments: